Partner with the FGM Rescue Program

Partner with the FGM Rescue Program and help protect girls in Sierra Leone from undergoing FGM. Female genital mutilation–also known as “female circumcision”–is an ongoing problem in the country of Sierra Leone, where close to 90% of women have been subjected to this painful and dangerous procedure. Heavily tied to political and financial gain, the practice is often conducted by force and in secret and has been difficult to eradicate in a country where powerful leaders fund “soweis,” women who lead underground FGM groups.

Led by a former sowei, our FGM rescue program partners with parents who pledge to abstain from FGM and, instead, send their daughters to school. By the time the girls are out of school, they will be old enough to make their own choices and to become strong leaders in their own right, influencing their communities and bringing hope to future generations.

The Lulu Tree is dedicated to being good stewards of your gift, and we are happy to report that 97% of your donation goes directly to benefit members of The Lulu Tree family in Africa. The remaining 3% goes to admin costs, and the North American team chooses to work for free to ensure that your donation is put into the hands of those who most need it. Read more about our commitment to financial integrity here.

To learn more about The Lulu Tree’s FGM Rescue Program, click here. To partner, choose an amount from the drop-down menu below (or write in a custom amount) and click “Donate Now.” To give one-time, go HERE.

To learn how to give offline, please go HERE.

Dedicate this Donation

Honoree Details

Notification Details

Select Payment Method
Personal Info

Credit Card Info
This is a secure SSL encrypted payment.
Billing Details

Donation Total: $1.00 Monthly

© 2015 The Lulu Tree | Designed by EnterMuse.
Follow us: